Scope & Applicability
Information We Collect And How We Use It
You as the customer are the owner of Customer Data, and Pagefreezer is the processor. We will use Customer Data in line with customer contracts and agreements (“Terms”) and your use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable laws.
Data we collect as part of our Services
- Pagefreezer collects data from these resources (“Customer Data”) to provide Services through our Webpreserver extension for Chrome: the collection of public and password-protected web pages, websites, blogs, social media pages and private messages from social media accounts you have been granted authorization to, for the purpose of long term preservation and managing archived data.
- Our software allows you to collect public information contained on websites and social media profiles, and if you have access to password-protected websites or social media profiles that require authentication, our software also collect confidential information contained on these web pages or social media profiles.
- All data that is collected with our Webpreserver software is processed client-side on the computer of the user and not send or shared with Pagefreezer.
Data we collect on the Webpreserver Platform
- You voluntarily provide us with your name and email information when you register for an account for our software. We only intentionally collect personal information about you that we consider necessary to provide you with a secure, efficient login and user management experience. You may decline to provide this personal information, in which case we will not be able to establish an account for Pagefreezer to provide our Services.
- We do not knowingly collect any other personal data. Any additional confidential or personal information is only collected if published to web sites we archive for you or if shared by users within the authenticated social media accounts or enterprise collaboration platforms we archive for you.
- We collect and store the passwords you enter for the Webpreserver platform user accounts. All credentials are encrypted, passwords are salted and hashed so only the hash is stored in our system.
- Once your client account is established, your application administrator will have the power to freely register additional users, and you will provide the necessary account information including name and email and role of that platform user.
- We automatically record user login and usage information in the Webpreserver platform including the actions performed (including, but not limited to user logins, exports, changes to profiles, and the dates and times of the access or use of the Service) to provide your administrator with the platform audit log.
- Device information: when you and other users log on to the Webpreserver platform accounts, we will record IP address and timestamp (date and time).
Data we collect on the Webpreserver Website
- We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order or fill out a form. As appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, email, mailing address or phone number to provide you with
- We may use this information to administer a contest, email promotion, survey or send other site and product and or marketing-related information.
- If you receive an email and no longer wish to be contacted, you can choose to opt-out by unsubscribing to remove yourself from our contact list.
Other Information we collect
- Business contact information we collect from you may be used to send you information, respond to Support team requests or questions, or to communicate support updates and Service-related messages, or security notifications if an incident were to occur.
- We collect and retain Customer Contracts, Subscription Agreements and in some cases Service Level Agreements for the provision of Services.
- If you send us correspondence or submit other content to us, we also collect such information to perform related Services.
- We collect payment information from you to process payments.
We use third-party tools to perform data analytics
We use third-parties to provide services
Pagefreezer utilizes third-parties for services such as payment processing and Support desk services. Pagefreezer performs risk assessments of the vendors we use to ensure vendors meet and continue to meet, our security requirements.
Our service providers are given only the information they need to perform their designated functions. These service providers are contractually bound to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us and do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes. We also use contractual or other means to ensure that third parties implement comparable levels of protection in processing your personal information.
Right to Access, Modify and Remove Personal Information
- You can access your data anytime by signing into Webpreserver’s platform.
- We offer your Webpreserver administrators the ability to modify and remove account user information (names, emails, and password) that you have provided to us, at any time.
- All other platform users have the option to review and modify their own information.
- If you wish to access, modify or delete other personal information we hold, you may contact us by emailing email@example.com. We will respond to your request to our Support team within 30 days.
Our Policies for Sharing or Disclosing Information
- We shall take every measure to protect the confidentiality of all Customer Data and other information provided to us by you to ensure your information is not disclosed or accessed outside the scope of Services provided. Access is limited only to employees, contractors, and agents required to provide Services and who have signed confidentiality agreements with Pagefreezer.
- We shall not modify or disclose (share, rent or sell) personal data with third parties except as compelled by law (see Compelled Disclosure in Customer Agreements) or as expressly permitted in writing by you.
- We may use aggregated and anonymized data for analysis and help us provide and improve our services.
How We Protect Your Information
We’ve implemented security measures and systems to protect Customer Data and other personal or confidential information you share with us against loss, theft or damage or unauthorized or unlawful access or disclosure.
Here are some of the security controls we’ve implemented to ensure this protection:
- All information we receive is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Database to be only accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- Pagefreezer’s organizational and management system for information security is ISO 27001:2013 certified meaning that our administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for the protection of the security, availability, and integrity of your data are verified by an accredited third-party audit.
- Pagefreezer has achieved a SOC 2 Type 1 Report. This attests that the design of our controls and management of customer data complies with the AICPA’s standards for operational security for service organizations, specifically for the Trust Services Principles Security and Confidentiality.
- Information is securely stored on Pagefreezer owned and managed infrastructure hosted in at minimum SOC 2 Type 2 and ISO 27001:2013 certified colocation data centers.
How Long does Pagefreeezer Keep Information
- We maintain Customer Data for as long as the Customer contract for Services provided is active.
- We offer users (based on permissions set by your administrators) the ability to delete collections from the Webpreserver platform at any time.
- You may request that we return and/or delete Customer data at the end of the Customer contract. Such requests must be directed to our Support team and are subject to Terms.
- All data deleted by you in the Webpreserver platform will no longer be available in the platform, but we’ll retain this information in the database for a 30 day grace period, which allows us to support you in case any data is mistakenly deleted by your platform users.
- We retain copies of Customer Data in database backups to fulfill business continuity and disaster recovery requirements. Data in backups are deleted every 30 days.
- We may also retain Customer Data and other information as long as necessary to comply with legal obligations and to resolve disputes.
- We may retain other information for business reasons (for example, we retain contracts and financial information as corporate records).
Pagefreezer is Accountable to Our Customers
We have a direct relationship with the Customer who executes the Customer contract with Pagefreezer and who has access and archive social media and password-protected websites on behalf of their users. We do not have a direct relationship with end-users of these sites and platforms.
An individual user who seeks access, or who seeks to modify or delete inaccurate data should direct their query to platform administrators (our customers) directly. We will respond to requests from our Customer to remove the data within 30 days.
Pagefreezer is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and to resolve any concerns about our collection or use of your information. If you have questions or concerns or need to contact Pagefreezer for any reason (including to exercise any of its rights in relation to data protection as set out above) please contact Pagefreezer.
Pagefreezer Software Inc.
#500 – 311 Water Street
V6B 1B8 Canada
Revision of this Policy
Last Updated March 23, 2020
Serving a global client base of Law Firms, Investigators, eDiscovery Firms, Law Enforcement Agencies, Insurance Providers, and the legal counsel of corporations, WebPreserver Software Inc. is a privately-held firm that is owned and managed by a successful team of software veterans. Our aim is to make eDiscovery easy and efficient by providing the highest standards of admissible legal evidence, technology and customer satisfaction.
Contact us400-311 Water St
Vancouver , BC , V6B 1B8